||Official Release Date
||August 21, 2012
||The NeXT Generation
||August 24, 2012
- Added 'Quick Update' - Update the console from the console (Level link + Score detector)
||August 26, 2012
- Fixed wrongly credited logic
- Removed Memory Card that was stuck to the console
||September 9, 2012
||Mini Update 1 (The Icon Update)
- Added ability to check whether an inserted Memory Card has Savedata stored
- Application Reset now Accessible via Wireless Override
- Replaced most of the icons used in the console
||November 2, 2012
||Big Update 1
- 'Snapshot Mode' - Hold down X & R1 for 3 seconds to take a picture of the NeXT at any time
- T-Chip Added - Organises Engine Processes
- C-Chip Added - Organises Cartridge Processes
- L-Chip Added - Organises Cartridge Slot & Controllinator Pannel lights
- Preview mode re-built - now only accessible via holding down Shoulder + Trigger buttons for 3 seconds
- Removed 'Quick Update' due to in-game errors
- 'Download Play' icons changed
- 'Wipe Memory Card' Option Added
- Fixed the 'Next File' sound not working correctly under certain circumstances
- Added run-time error message for when the T-Chip cannot be located
- Fixed the wrongly-timed intro/outro text
- Fixed reset app not functioning at all (due to old, incompatible logic)
- Fixed backlight not functioning correctly
- Added a player follower to the remote for ease-of-use
- Swapped around the Shuffle & Reset Game options
- Fixed certain text inside of the console which read "Quadratum"
||November 9, 2012
||Big Update 2 (Modern)
- Complete design change to the console to create a more streamline, modern look and feel
- Modified default intro & outro text, tune and image
- Modified screen size to make it symmetrical (enlarged)
- Made the walls of the screen dynamic (like the background)
- Moved the Rim of the screen from the thick layer to the thin to compensate for the new dynamic screen walls
||November 18, 2012
- Added a loading tune when waiting for a cartridge to be inserted
- Patched a hole in the screens holographic border (due to the new dimensions of the screen)
||December 3, 2012
||Mini Update 2 (Accessories)
- Added Accessory functionality - allows the user to modify the run-time sequences of the NeXT
- Fixed wrongly credited logic
||February 20, 2013
||Big Update 3 (The Gadget Update)
- Added 7 Memory Card Compartments (Total of 8)
- Added logic to console to allow players to cycle through the newly added Memory Card Compartments
- Removed a total of 24 unnessesary tags from the Console
- Changed Memory Card icon
- Added ability to disable the inserted Accessory
- Added full-screen mode (a movie camera fixes to the NeXT's screen)
- Added 'Play Style Toggle' to the Remote to allow the user to cycle through the Play Styles from a distance
- Added Subtitles and Sounds to each play style option (from NeXT Audio)
- Delayed cartridge activation to prevent screen overlay during boot-up
- Modified the default boot-up image
- Removed all echo from the boot-up and shut-down tunes
- Modified default boot-up and shut-down text
- Modified 'Trophies' icon
- Added 'Pause' - Allows the player to pause Games (old destroyers need to be upgraded for this to take effect on older games)
- Added 'Tips' - Allows the player to access Tips from a Game (if the game supports it)
- Completely removed Development Destroyer (A Pink Destroyer Tag, the Stable release version is Red)
- Added 'Console Updates'
- Added 'Credits'
- Upgraded volume logic with more efficient technology
- Shortened auto-shutdown time (if the console is left on without a cartridge for 180 seconds, the system will turn itself off)
- Re-named 'Applications' to 'Files'
- Changed all of the File icons to look more like Files
||April 8, 2013
||May 14, 2013
||Mini Update 3 (Direct-Control)
- Added Controllinator 1 Direct-Control (R1 + L1 = On/off, R1 + L2 = Previous File, R1 + R2 = Next File)
- Re-Organised On/Off Microchip
- Added On/Off Toggle Tag Conversion Point for Logic ease-of-use
||July 10, 2013
- Fixed 'Previous' Direct-Control Function
- Moved Preview/Play Mode into the Direct control Menu (R1 + Triangle)
||August 21, 2013
||Big Update 4 (The Menu Update)
- Added Menu to console for easy access to 'Options', 'Run Inserted File' & the new 'Personal Music' and 'Controls' options
- Added 'Personal Music' section to allow the user to add custom music to the console
- Added M-Chip to the motherboard to allow Menu Processes to interact with the run-times
- Added Music-Disabler to allow the custom music to operate whilst a File is playing
- Added Menu-Disabler
- Added Accessory Support to Menu (Accessories can disable the Menu)
- Added new T-Games logo to the console (Logo Bar + Intro/Outro Screen)
- Removed auto-shutdown, as it was no longer needed with the Menu (this feature may be re-added to work only when the Menu has been disabled)
- Added 'Planned Features/Updates' to 'Update Log'
- Renamed 'Console Upates' to 'Update Log'
- Added 'Controls' to the Menu
||October 8, 2013
||Mini Update 4 (Options)
- Added 'Start-up/Shut-down Styles', which allows for users to choose between pre-installed start-up/shut-down styles, or to create their own
- Re-named 'Other Options' to 'Console Settings + Other Options'
- Re-named 'Reset the current Application.' to 'Re-Boot File'
- Re-Organised 'Console Settings + Other Options'
- Added 'Tips' to Direct-Control (R1+Square)
- Added version number to Start-up/Shut-down screen
||November 12, 2013
||Mini Update 5 (IceOS)
- Named NeXT Software (start-up/shut-down text, image, NeXT Menu, etc) 'IceOS'
- Re-Organised M Chip
- Combined all 'Join Game' Options (now called 'Search for Joinable Games') into 1 option, which automatically assigns the player into whichever slot is available, instead of leaving the player to manually input the controls themselves
- Added 'Search for Joinable Games' to IceOS
- Moved 'Search for Joinable Games' to 'Console Settings + Other Options'
- Moved 'Music Settings' to the outside of the Console
- Re-organised 'Console Settings + Other Options'
- Added 'Self-Destruct [Rigid Connections]', to allow for a lag-free removal of the NeXT from any level.
- Removed Tips from Direct-Control menu, as it clashed with the in-game popit.
||December 25, 2013
||Mini Update 6 (The User Update)
- Added 'Update Console' to the console
- Re-Organised T-Chip & C-Chip
- Re-Coloured Settings in 'Console Settings & Other Options'
- Fixed Bug: Console Constantly Trying to Join Games
- Replaced most Subtitles with Captions throughout Console
- Replaced all Subtitles with Captions throughout Folders
- Added 'Looping' to 'Next File' and 'Previous File'
- Corrected 'Ridgid' Typo
- Added 'User Manual' to Console [Contains: Quick-Start Guide, Options Walkthrough & Error Codes]
- Re-Organised 'Update Log'
||December 25, 2013
- Removed unintentional 'LittleBigPlanet: Move Pack' DLC content added in v2.0
||March 22, 2014
||Big Update 5 (The Supermassive Update)
- Added support for NeXT's 'Wireless HDD'
- Added 'Wireless Features' Menu to IceOS
- Re-positioned Game Camera
- Removed 'Preview Mode'
- Added 'Turn off Console' to IceOS
- Added 'Eject Folder' to IceOS
- Added new section of IceOS to store the new aforementioned features
- Added new 'NeXT' Logos
- Added on-screen indicator for 'Pause'
- Re-rooted the Direct-Control shortcut that used to belong to 'Preview Mode' to 'Pause'
- Changed colour of 'Start Up/Shut Down Options' to dark blue
- Added 'Immediately connect to Wireless HDD after Start Up' to 'Console Settings'
- Fixed Memory Card slot icon from being askew
- When 'Pause' is activated, 'Next File', 'Previous File' and 'Shuffle' become idle
- Added constant sound for when 'Pause' has been activated
- Added fade-in and fade-out for constant Direct-Control sound
- Added Direct-Control on-screen activation icon
- Added Direct-Control to the User Manual
- Re-named 'Console Settings + Other Options' to 'Settings'
- Moved 'Music Settings' to 'Settings'
- Changted 'Pre-Installed Music' microchip to a light green
- Added version number to the front of the console (where Music Settings used to be)
- Moved 'User Manual' to the bottom of the console
- Changed 'Update Console' to 'Console Hub'
- Moved 'Console Hub' to the left, to be symmetrical to 'User Manual'
- Added 'Screen Brightness' to IceOS
- Added 'Screen Brightness' to 'Console Settings'
- Added 'Eject Folder' switch to bottom of console
- Moved Folder Slot Disabler to be parallel with 'Eject Folder'
- Fixed 'Quadratum' typo from Folder Slot Disabler
- Changed appearance of mandatory emitting microchip
- Edited 'What are these?/what do I do?' help microchip inside of the File Palette
||September 7, 2014
||Mini Update 7 (Tranquil)
- Moved 'Pause when controllinator 1 empty' to 'Console Settings' (from 'Player Settings')
- Made 'Pause' only work when a Folder is actively playing its contents
- Added IceOS Menu music
- Modified intro/outro tunes
- Moved 'Enable Direct-Control Shortcuts' to 'Console Settings' (from 'Player Settings')
- Removed 'Player Settings'
- Re-named 'Legal Notice' to 'Notice on Modifications'
- Re-wote the contents of 'Notice on Modifications'
- Re-named 'Pre-Installed Music' to 'Built-In Music Library'
- Changed intro/outro message
- Re-named Start-up/Shut-down style 'v1.4+' to 'v1.4'
- Added 'v2.2' Start-up/Shut-down style
||September 7, 2014
- Fixed 'More Options' screen emitting in the front layer of the screen instead of the back
||December 23, 2018
||Big Update 6 (NeXT Gen)
- Moved Folder slot logic to thin layer in front of console
- Updated T-Games Legacy logos to Spectrum
- Altered credits to mention Trixel Creative
- Fixed 'Mini Update' numbering in the Updates
- Swapped 'Shuffle' and 'Re-Boot File'
- Re-named 'Shuffle' to 'Shuffle Files'
- Dephysicalised front-most and back-most layers
- Updated 'Notice on Modifications'
- Updated most notes on console to have a different font, blue background and white text
- Reconstructed inside of Controllinators
- Players can now exit them by using Circle by default, though this can be changed individually within each Controllinator
- Certain seats cannot be entered during a Joinable Game session to prevent confusion
- Altered 'Joining 2 Player Game' text to 'Joining as Player #...'
- Added 'Automatic On/Off' for when Controllinator 1 is occupied
- Re-coloured 'Settings' and 'NeXT User Manual'
- Edited titles of some Settings
- Shortened time to connect to a Wireless HDD once one has been found
- Added tag to allow Wireless HDD to glow when connected
- Updated intro & outro themes
- Made 'Please Inert Cartridge' sequencer not loop
||December 23, 2018
- Fixed console not functioning at all unless Controllinator 1 is occupied
- Re-arranged notes in 'On/Off'
||December 27, 2018
||Big Update 7 (Zeus)
- Removed constant SFX from 'Pause'
- Altered IceoS Cursor to crosshair
- If no Folder is detected, default Folder icon dulls
- New Folders can emit custom IceOS icons, the default is blue
- Added Rim pulse for each IceOS selection
- Edited IceOS theme
- Changed 'Please insert file.' to 'Please insert Folder.'
- Swapped 'Check Memory Card Valency' and 'Change Memory Card Compartment' in all menus
- Lessened intensity of colours on IceOS Options
- Updated T-Games Logo in M Chip
- Removed 'Additional Options' from IceOS
- Removed echo from 'Please insert Folder.' theme
- Cleaned up logic in L Chip
- Added on-screen image for 'Please insert Folder.'
- Added RGB support to baclklight
- IceOS displays New Folder name instead of 'Open Inserted Folder'
- Updated Folder and Wireless icons
- Updated NeXT logo on 'Skip Intro/Outro' setting
- Fixed 'Shuffle Files' not working correctly
- Re-organised 'Settings'
- Re-named 'Search for Joinable Games' to 'Download Play'
- Updated icon of User Manual
- Gave 'Notice on Modifications' old User Manual icon
- Updated level link to Hub
- Removed Anti-Gravity Tweaker from Hub level link
- Tweaked locations of User Manual and Hub level link emitter
- Controllinators 2-4 cannot be entered until Controllinator 1 is occupied
- Edited 'Position in layer' of all sections and Folders
- Moved 'On/Off' to be on grid
- Made 'Notice on Modifications' not visible in Play Mode
- Made Pause only function if a Folder is inserted
- Pause will only function is the Media playing is a Game of 'Other' (new Folders only)
- Fixed Circle not letting players leave Controllinator if NeXT Menu was disabled
- Changed Engine name to 'Zeus'
- New Folders state whether ot not they contain any Files if opened
- Replaced all references to 'Applications' to 'Files'
- Added 'Tips' to Direct-Control
- Added function to allow Direct-Control to toggle 'Pause'.
||April 29, 2020
||Big Update 8 (Thor)
- Added Background Colour support for IceOS
- Fixed Folders not displaying title correctly upon activation
- Removed User Manual from Console
- Removed Tips from front of Console
- Removed several stickers throughout Console
- Converted all Hologram to Sticker Panel
- Updated Start-Up/Shut-Down screen
- Re-named 'Accessories' to 'Modifiers'
- Removed ability to disable Direct-Control and Modifiers from IceOS
- Re-organised 'Game File' to have 'Advanced Features'
- Re-structured Trophy Activation (now 'on' by default)
- Re-aligned 'Pause'
- Re-located 'Console Hub'
- Updated 'Disable Folder Music' icon
- Updated 'Folder Information' icon
- Fixed yellow-green Trophy not activating correct Memory Card SaveData slot
- Addd Memory Card section to IceOS
- Added ability to spawn a Memory Card from IceOS
- Added ability to visually check which Memory Card slots have SaveData in IceOS
- Modifiers and Memory Cards now correctly go to their places
- Added Object Saver to Memory Cards
- Added optional Object Saver to NeXT Console ('on' by default)
- 'Check Memory Card Valency' now also checks Trophy Save Data
- Fixed 'Check Memory Card Valency' not detecting occupied slots.
- Fixed Controllinators not allowing entrance during Download Play
- Removed SFX for 'Next File' when remotely controlled
- Slightly re-organised On/Off Microchip logic
- Start-Up/Shut-Down screen now constantly appears until On or Off has completed (includding interruptions)
- Moved 'Game-Making Toolkit' to 'File Palette'
- Changed background colour of 'Additional Tools' in File Palette from nlack to white
- Gave each File type seperate colours
- Updated default File emitter template
- Intro/Outro sequence is now 'off' by default
- Renamed 'Settings' to 'Advanced System Settings'
||April 29, 2020
- Corrected several typos in Update Log
||May 2, 2020
||Download Play Fix
- Fixed typos throughout console
- Re-named 'Microchip' to 'Folder Control'
- Re-aligned 'Credits' Microchip
- Console will no longer shut down immediately after joining Download Play
- Colour-coded Update Log entries
- Re-coloured IceOS menu uption borders
- Moved IceOS logo from menu to boot screen
- Re-positioned alert for outdated Folders
||May 5, 2020
||Mini Update 8 (Athena)
- Completed v2.5.1 update log
- Re-sized elements on IceOS Main Menu
- Altered dim Rim Light to be blue
- Changed Update Log notes to represent colours added in v2.5.1
- Added 'System Information' to IceOS
- Added credits
- Added version number, compilation date and build number
- Added ability to check for system modifications
- Added ability to check for other NeXT systems
- Fixed Direct-Control icon in Controls clipping cursor
- Re-named 'Controls' to 'System Controls'
- Updated 'System Settings' icon
- Updated 'System Controls' icon
- Fixed Rim Light sometimes being stuck off
- IceOS Cursor now respawns if absent for more than one second on IceOS Menu
||May 6, 2020
||Player 4 Fix
- Fixed Controllinator 4's input not detecting properly
- Fixed Cursor sometimes spawning twice
- Increased IceOS Cursor re-spawn time to 1.5 seconds